Nuffnang

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Mood after New Year

3rd Jan - While many other MNCs staff are enjoying their beauty sleep or breakfast, I am here, in office. Yep, my company does not recognise 1st Jan as public holiday. So, here I am, nothing to do, waiting for my mentor's (YW) instruction and also another manager (Tony). I am supposed to be handling 50% from YW and another 50% from Tony. That was what my boss told me.

However, last Friday, just minutes before the clock rang its music to indicate off time (every hour, the clock 'sings'), my big boss - 'SASA' (short for Secret Admirer - not mine but Mich's, I dun use SA as it will be too obvious, so doubled it, become SASA), came over to my cube to talk to me. He said he usually likes to go over staff's cube to check on us. Asked me how are things, he mentioned that I will be doing 80% of Tony's, 20% for YW (back-up only). He told Tony I am the kind of person who loves challenges, he pushed Tony to give me jobs. Hmm...I have a feeling he is using psychology here, perhaps he saw me too free....MSN or surfing. Well, what else can I do ? I have nothing to do, I am now into my 3rd month here! And reading those manuals are really boring n confusing as they are alot of jargons. I need work !!


And then...last Thurs, b4 YW went on leave, she was giving me instruction to follow up on a task, so i asked her some questions...she then asked me "Josephine, how long have u been here ? U seem still dunno alot hor ? U must go here and there to help others do, last time this girl...she went to help her friends, she learned very fast..."
Walau eh...say so la earlier...can go kepo, but but but...the thing is, who wanna let me sit beside them and ask some stupid questions....duh !! How demotivating ~~~~!! I can't wait till I get my own car, then I can probably search for better job n perhaps part time teaching. Have this urge to help my aunt with her handicraft, help her conduct classes...but first, my car ~~~!! Dad has been help'g me searching for info, prices...I am targetting to buy by Feb/March. I am gonna be so broke ! Maybe should go buy one or two lottery tickets and hope for the probability of 0.01% ? Hmmm....

No comments: