Nuffnang

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Mar 29 – Quake experience

5.05am now, almost 5 hours since the tremor was felt…not by me, but my aunt and many other Malaysians…it’s raining over here in Bayan Baru.

My aunt snoring away while I have to do something to keep myself awake. She stays in Villa Emas, near the sea. After hearing news on NTV7 that ppl in Penang, Kedah, Langkawi…staying near the coast should evacuate to higher lands…she called me and brought along her small luggage (mainly containing her important documents, medicine, clothings, phone charger) which she prepared since Dec’s Tsunami. And ever since my Sis migrated to Canada, the master bedroom which she shared with my aunt was left vacant and more or less became a store room…so, I ‘forced’ my aunt to sleep on my bed although she kept insisting she wasn’t tired in between her yawns. She had to give in, hehehe. So here I am, writing about what happened earlier…I mean…what I knew la.

I was busy washing hamsters’ cage (after Meow dropped me home) and Meow called me on my hp. He asked if I felt any tremor, coz his mom felt the tremble at their terrace house in Sg. Ara. I didn’t feel anything wor, neither did my dad who was cutting papaya in the kitchen. I tried to call my aunt, but Network Busy…damn…why lines down in times of emergency eh ? I tried calling other friends…also cannot through…then I used home’s fixed line to call Meow later…can wor, but he didn’t pick up ler. My aunt called me, telling me she was ok, gathered with bunches of ppl, mostly in pyjamas at the car park area. Told her to come over, she said no need wor…she will call back once safe in her unit.

I continued to clean the cage and put everything nicely for Yoda and Sky Walker. Then I proceeded to wash my clothes before shower. I was about to tell dad about the quake but he beat me to it, he said his friend called to inform him. I joined my dad watching CNN for updates. They seem to repeat the information, which is good…meaning no major changes. Meow did call me back and said sleepy...zzz soon.

(Rain stopped liao – 5.20am) Then I decided to post about the Earthquake, as I know my sis will be reading (just in case she’s worried). We are fine…no worries. 2am+, my aunt called and came over. She told us that she was watching TV when she heard the toilet’s door creaked open and close. First thought was…Ghost? Aiyaya…but she braved herself to switch on the toilet lights...and saw the face towel on a hanger swaying left & right…but window closed…no wind ma…then she turned over to look at her TV…saw the cables also swaying…like someone trying to hypnotise kind of swing. No shit, this is definitely not Ghost…so, she grabbed her handbag and hp, off to downstairs and gathered with the rest of the residents. She managed to call her neighbours (old couple)…also Senior Citizens…and the husband thought he was experiencing nerve on his knees !

No comments: