Nuffnang

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Earthquake off Coast of Sumatra

At 12.15am our local time, ppl in Penang felt tremor. I called to check on my aunt who is staying in Villa Emas, she felt it too...but later she said ok, all back into apartment unit. Other friends staying in Sg. Ara, Kg. Jawa, Greenlane also felt the tremor, but my dad I didn't feel anything over here in Sri Nibong.

Watched CNN...turned out the tremor was caused by undersea quake off Coast of Sumatra with magnitude of 8.2 (some said 8.5). Warning of possible tsunami has been issued.

My aunt just called a while ago at 2.15am, she watched our local news and said ppl who are staying near the sea in Kedah and Penang should evacuate for safety. So, my aunt is coming over now.

Other Bloggers felt the vibration as well. They were faster than CNN.

No comments: