Nuffnang

Friday, March 11, 2005

Mar 10 – Hallelujah (Alleluia)


As expected, I had problem falling asleep. Last time I checked my watch, needles showed 3am but this time I did not dream about the interview.

I waited anxiously for my friend to pick me up. ICI (thin layer nya) on my face started melting, so I called him…on the way. He reached my place 30 mins later than the agreed time. Never mind, as long as he showed up. We were Shangri-La at 9.20am and the boss was there. She asked us to have breakfast first. How nice. After that, I was asked to sit with 3 of them, the boss, my friend (also ex-colleague) and a lady from Singapore (Finance). I was expecting some difficult questions bombarded towards me. Instead they started telling me the job roles/responsibilities and their expectations. I was trying to digest, taking notes, nodding head (very often, I must say I never nodded my head so many times in my life!), smiling, appeared very attentive and of coz I couldn’t dispense with the excitement I was feeling inside me.

Ya, Hallelujah (not ‘that one u take’ which is what it sounds like in Hokkien dialect). It means - Praise the Lord !! Very excited but I wouldn’t celebrate yet, not until the offer letter is signed ! The boss later shared with me on her working style (which I very much like and admire, direct and frank), expectations, and how to be firm and tough. I actually enjoyed meeting her and very much looking forward to be in her team. I must say the job is definitely challenging. I pray to God for His guidance and strength.

I was invited to join in lunch as she is treating my ex-boss’ team. My ex-team members were surprised to see me. But I am glad to see my ex-boss being supportive. He’s very handsome, by the way, but married. Wife also damn ‘cun’. Looks very much like Lee Sin Jie (Malaysian actress of ‘The Eye’), except that his wife is prettier, looks a bit like mixed and very fair. But too bad…this pair of leng chai and leng lui not available, so dun ask me ya. Ex-boss asked me to recommend friends who are proficient in M.Access and M.Excel (esp. on macros and queries). Immediately I thought of 2 very good candidate from my recent company. Told him I will check if they are interested.

Back home, I showered, called Y.Nee as she sent me SMS earlier asking how was the interview. After talking to her, called Meow. Then I went online to post what I didn’t manage to post last nite due to terrible Telekom line. ‘Siao siao’ (crazy) ‘wan’…this morning, ok wor. May be God wanted me to sleep early, hehehe.

I was still in high spirits although a little tired, so cancel my nap. I called one of the 2 guys. He’s interested for permanent position. He was desperate till trying for Customer Service…duh…it will be a waste of ‘yan choi’ with his superb Access and Excel skills. I asked if anyone said anything about my resignation…wow !! He said there was speculation that I did not tender my resignation and just ‘MIA’….and that Allstaff is planning to sue me….hahaha!! Crazy shit !! I was there with my cheque book in hand but the branch manager told me they will settle with me later. KNS !! And it was that Allan a.k.a. HSK- ham sup kuai (not my best pal la, although same spelling) who cooked up this to tarnish my image. Hah…what a cheap way to relief his grudge on me (I rejected few lunch / tea break dates). Never mind, at least I know there are some who believe me; they have been sending regards to me via SMS and also leaving messages on my Yahoo.

Called Elton regarding my hp…he promised the service guy will deliver it by today…I called him again when Meow came over…he said not sure, afraid I will pester him again, he gave me the service guy’s number. He said tomorrow !! Grrrr !!! Somemore told me my details all gone…aiyoo…my phonebook gone liao. Luckily I saved the photos in my PC liao. I dun even know whose num in or not in my SIM card coz I moved some to that hp. ‘Chia lat liao’!

Dinner at Supertanker. I was a bit talkative today…excited ma, not sure if Meow’s ears tired or not :P

He watched National Georgradhic while I read the newspaper and ‘watched’ him ;P Hehehe.

He left early today for bedminton…er I mean badminton while I surf channel. I got goose bumps when I saw this local girl dancing & singing on local channel – Audition 2. Eeee….damn ‘teruk’ (terrible) la. Made me ‘ta lang chan’ (quiver) for a while. Luckily my dinner was in progress of digestion…otherwise, curry mee all over the sofa.

Dad came down to smoke his pipe…walau eh, suffocating ler. Then I finally concluded why I felt weak esp on my toes, I had to ‘krit krat krat’ my toes every now and then, every time he smokes…the tobacco damn ‘powerful’. Aiyo…need to run, back to my room…and here I am…*type type type…gulp gulp gulp*….eh, Nescafe finish liao…hmm…cannot make another cup. Already exceeded my 3 cups per day limit coz just now I had Nescafe Ice at coffee shop. Ok lo, tomorrow maybe minus one cup :P

Ahh, Friday tomorrow, more time with Meow…and also meeting my school mates for dinner…and hopefully can get my hp back.


PS: KNS, blogger website down so long, just managed to login !

No comments: