Nuffnang

Friday, April 22, 2005

Mr Fragrance

Mr Fragrance (nope, it’s not about his odor, but his name rhymes like fragrance) from same company but different department. Let me rewind back to 4 years ago…before I got together with my ex. Mr Fragrance is a very quiet, low self esteem guy. Me, being ‘kay poh’ (busybody) and ‘ho sim’ (kind hearted), kept encouraging and saying good stuff to him. Since he didn’t have much friends in Penang (he’s from other state), he took my concern for him by mistake. He expressed to me…but I rejected him politely, telling him we could still be friends. He would come by my cube when I worked till late, sat next to me, staring away…I had hard time pushing him away coz I dun wanna hurt him by being too harsh. He called me often to chat and usually, he was quiet and told me to talk coz he just wanna listen to my voice. He kept asking me to promise that I would always be his friend…I got so frustrated…I told him, once a friend, always a friend…unless someone treated me real bad. I got scared when he started crying and begging me not to ignore him. I felt bad, guilty and hopeless…I didn’t know how to help him.

Once, on my b’day, he sent me flowers to the office but I was on leave. He knew…hence he asked my colleague, Ning…to help receive the flowers on my behalf. Ning said memang pai seh…flowers not for her, some more had to go take…in the end, she asked Allan to take, hehehe. I was quite surprised when I saw the flowers and kena perli (teased) for almost a year leh. I didn’t dare to bring home or throw the flowers away (after dried up), until few months later, when I was pretty sure he was back in hometown, I finally got rid of the flowers. Sorry la…I just dun wanna be reminded, some more that time already with my ex liao. The reason I had to wait for him to be away was because I wasn’t sure if he would see the flowers in big rubbish bag carried by cleaner…cleaner usually picked up rubbish from my area and moved towards his place…so I dare not take the risk.

After seeing me with my ex, he shunned away from me, acting like we were strangers. I think he must’ve hurt badly. He did email me once to apologise when he did not respond to my ‘hi’. He explained he didn’t know how to react when he saw me. Later, I got to know he was interested in Ning….and Ning feared him even more, due to his aggressiveness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gee.. interesting stolee.. wahh..impressed dat u even tot of the "garbage path" b4 jettisoning the flowers. maybe dat fellow CSI (Completely Scary Individual) and he checked the rubbish for evidence a day later...dat why still holding a grudge! hahahaha...

teetoo.i no blogger.

Joez said...

hey teetoo,

I believe he was still in hometown the next day coz i remember i got rid of the flowers on a Fri...or...maybe not ? damn...u may be right, haha.