Nuffnang

Monday, April 11, 2005

Apr 6 - Excited

Second day at work, I still feel excited. I was wearing black from top to toe. Black spaghetti top with long sleeved cardigan over it, black skirt and black heels, oh not to mention, black handbag. But all were of different shades of black. I love black most for my clothes…white, blue, beige, grey…ya…u can say I am quite conventional type. I dun fancy colourful clothes. I prefer plain or simple stripes/patterns. That is why I have difficulty shopping for my office wear. I dun like frills/lace. Hmm…maybe gotta do with my age ? Sometimes I wonder …those aunties in 50’s and above, wearing what I believe was targeted to teenagers…u know, those bright coloured, with shining designs tops ? I find boutiques are selling either teenagers or aunties clothes….what about us in late 20’s and 30’s ? I am slowly trying to blend in…no choice ma…so, nowadays, u can find some red/pink tops in my closet. But one thing for sure, no big, funny, obvious patterns !

I went to collect my laptop from IS. Was checking my mails…wow, I still receive mails from Data Warehouse, I guess they did not remove my email address when I resigned. Gavin came and we went for free medical checkup. I paid RM 50 for another 5 tests which include breast, colon, ovarian cancer. I forgot what the other 2 were. The nurse couldn’t find vein on my left arm, so she poke my right arm. She poked but no blood flow out, so she shifted the needle…here….there….up…down…walau eh…u think that’s joystick meh ? Luckily blood started flowing into one of the three bottles. When she stopped to change for 2nd bottle, no more blood. She said never mind, will take from first bottle. Phew ~~!!

Today my boss came from Singapore. She reminded me to claim OT if I work late. First lesson…Relationship ! She kept reminding that’s important to build rapport…haha…no problem I guess…one of my best skills ;)

Three of us (Boss and Gavin) went to another site in mainland to build rapport with Logistics and Production Control. We had lunch with one of the managers, got my ass on Harrier’s seat !! Japanese food at Auto-City. Boss treated us, saw her took out RM 300.00
I didn’t eat much coz I dunno how to eat raw food. We went across to buy 2 cakes from Secret Recipe for the 2 departments. After that, we headed back to Island and straight to airport coz Boss had to go KL for customer’s new office warming party.

Back to office, almost 4pm…time flies huh. Meow came to fetch me after work. He took his car for service and tyres alignment. We had dinner nearby while waiting. However, car still not ready and remember I was in long-sleeved cardigan ? I was experiencing sauna for more than 15 mins until I decided to walk back to his house. Although my feet were damn sore and tired, I would rather not die of heat. I called him when I reached and headed straight to shower. Later I found that AV finally arrived after 40 days !! Good thing was it didn’t come when I was in KL for my convo. Thank God for answering my prayers.

No comments: