Nuffnang

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Apr 2 – To KL


I let dad sat in front while I sat with Sako (aunt) at the back…coz I know the two of them not really in good terms. Initially dad didn’t want to go…but sis and his gf managed to persuade him.

We had brunch at Ipoh. Yummy Dry Curry Noodles (choice of Hor Fun/Mee) near Lorong Panglima. Dad and Meow had 2 bowls each. Then we walked around the corner to buy thin slices of Peanut biscuits. RM 0.35 each, the uncle took about 10 mins to pack 4 packets of 40 pieces…very very carefully slot each piece into the plastic bags. Meow took video of the place to note down the landmarks (in case he forgets the way) so as he can ask his colleague to bring him there next time they go visit customers in Ipoh.

We made a few stops for toilet breaks, reached KL and checked into Micasa Hotel at aroung 4pm. I was disappointed when told my reservation was for 1 room. I booked for 2 ! Lady receptionist took my IC, photocopy…then, an Indian guy, Johnny took over my case and asked the same thing. We were tired and I felt bad as there wasn’t any sofa for the rest to sit while waiting…just 2 chairs at the registration counter. Stupid guy, he asked for my IC again…and went to photocopy. My dad shifted the earlier photocopied IC 4cm away from where the lady left it, right in front for Mr Johnny to see…but guess what, he appeared clueless and acted like it was okay to Photostat twice. Next, he asked me how many keys I wanted, need to deposit RM 20 per key. And dunno altogether RM 250 for down payment. WTF ?! I told him if I could pay by Credit Card and shouldn’t that be when I check out? He thought to himself for few seconds before saying ok. And he really made my blood boil with his next idiotic question. He asked for my Credit Card details !! ** Pengsan (faint) **. Showing annoyed face :

I said : I’ve given Ms Carol my CC details when I called to book, please check in your database

Johnny Ai-Bin (want face) : I need your CC details again

I said : (Saw my CC number on the screen display) Shouldn’t you have it in your record already ? (I so wanna whack him)

Johnny Ai-Bin : (Eyes searching round the screen for few seconds) Yup, but I need your last 3 numbers (walau eh, like that also can, cover his dumb mistake).

I said : bla bla bla…(I had to repeat 3 times).

I dun understand…nice hotel but poor service. And best idiotic thing was, that lady who served me earlier was happily chatting away with another bitch colleague, leaving poor Johnny with their disorder system. I should’ve choosen Sucasa (cheaper and better service), but settled for Micasa coz it’s much nearer to Nikko Hotel.

Got into the lift, got one cute Ang Mo (white Mat Salleh) in there. He was so nice, told me we need to fit the “button” of the key to activate the key. Standing there stunned and like a helpless child, I let Mr Cute took my key to activate the elevator for us, he went out at 3rd floor (I think) before passing back the key to me. I was still trying to gather myself, brain not functioning fast enough…then I felt so ‘pai seh’….duh…need a foreigner to help me in my homeland. Embrassing nya ~~!!

Our room at sixth floor…nice room, luckily it’s nice and comfy, otherwise I will complain. My Johnny called to check if we are ok with the room. We have welcome gift, cookies in nice box. Meow and Dad shared a room while Sako and I took the Master bedroom. Too bad our room not facing swimming pool. We rested for a while. Dad had a nap while waiting for his business partner. Sako, Meow and I went to KLCC. We only browsed about 2 floors before we decided to have dinner at the foodcourt. Called dad to check if he wanted dinner. His friend not there yet, so we packed Sate with Nan Bread for him before driving back. Saw dad waiting at lobby for friend, he told us he will eat dinner…so we shared the Sate thing for supper.

Sako watched CNN about Pope’s condition. Meow and I went for a stroll along Jln Ampang and we went in to check on Nikko Hotel. We saw a staff keying the function details for my convocation at the screen…so we went closer to have a look (which ballroom)…we were damn close coz we stared at a piece of paper next to the screen (coz he hasn’t keyed in the venue). Oops, we accidentally saw the package price paid by Uni….RM 57k ++ ! Wow ~!

Waited for S.Ping to pass me gift for my Convo. She gave me a cute small red dragon soft toy and jelly beans (in a bottle like pills from Australia). We managed to exchange hugs, she had to run as her colleague waiting to send her back. Meow and I walked back, we saw a Nasi Kandar Penang outlet next to Nikko Hotel. I bet it’s not as nice as ours in Penang…dunno, we were too full to try. Sis called when we were walking back. Felt so kam thong, so many called. She also very excited…some more said I should be proud of myself, for working and studying same time (no classes), financing half of my fees. Ya, it was indeed very tough to be studying when u work in MNC environment, fast paced and stressed out.

Dad came back just when we started eating his supposed-dinner. He ate a little too, and we finished off the egg tart and Seremban Siew Pao we bought at Ipoh. Wow, by 12am, all went to bed. But I couldn’t sleep…too cold…my aunt said warm wor…I was freezing cold…I couldn’t stand and went to squeeze in with Meow….ahh…better….but later…I felt a bit too warm…then back to Master Bedroom…so I didn’t really sleep.

P/S: I told Meow I went out with ex yesterday. He made a face, and asked if he go out with other girls then only tell, can ? Hmm…CANNOT !! I went out to makan, not date. :P

*** Too tired to continue my post for 3rd April, next time, maybe few days later, already typed 2 hours, tired liao ***

No comments: