Nuffnang

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Apr 1 – No April Joke

** It’s 4th April (10.15pm to be exact) when I am typing this, have been MIA and now having slight headache **

I didn’t get to sleep late on Friday. I have lunch with future director, colleagues and ex-boss & ex-colleagues. Gavin came to fetch me along with 3 other girls. Lunch was good, 8 dishes…Mun Shang Restaurant at BJC 5th level. I sat with ppl I am familiar with, so quite relaxed. As we left, Gavin introduced the director to me. He looks ok, quite short for a guy, friendly. He apologised for the delay in getting me in.

Had shower and rushed downstairs for my Chinese show, hence I left my hp in my room. I had a feeling someone would call me…so, at the first commercial break, I went up to get my hp, 2 missed call, one from Gavin, another from the HR senior manager (I called back and heard his voice greeting). I called back, no answer, no choice, just left message. He didn’t call back wor…I kept trying, finally, got him before 5pm. Clarified few things with him. Too bad, he kept using the stupid HR policy as excuse…hence, I didn’t get the expected offer and had to ‘swallow’ whatever fixed (which still looks good). I had to console myself to work hard and get back what was promised by the direct manager later, after performance review. I was told to call his staff who will coordinate X-tray and medical checkup for me on following Monday. Definitely tiring for me as I am going to KL till Sunday.

I went online for a while. Dinner with Y.Nee, Jenn, Claire, Sui Eh (pretty one), Alvin and Meow (Albert couldn’t make it) later but turned out Y.Nee wasn’t feeling well…emotionally, she couldn’t go. I felt bad, at first I thought she was playing April Joke on me…

*** this message is for Y.Nee ***
…sorry Y.Nee…I dunno how to console u. PLEASE take good care of yourself…that should be the main thing. I hope she is ok (coz she didn’t return my call today – 4th April, so I called her). It’s not the end of the world…there is a lot of opportunities, open yr heart and seek…dun hide and despair too long. U can blame it on bad luck, but I would rather think of it as “it happens for a reason”. Maybe it’s not meant to be…dun worry ok, things will be better, as long as u dun give up. Start by having more confidence, think positive and u will notice, there are many ‘others’ suitable. I know right now u won’t want to listen…choose not to listen, just feel like everything is shit…cry…asked why…self-pity…I know how it feels (although different thing)…but u must try to stand up again. Have confidence in yourself and God. Better things are yet to come, be patient.
Dun forget u have our support here ok. Please love yourself and take care. Your family care, and we care too ! Hope to hear from U again…SOON !!

*** end of message ***

I thought of calling off the dinner but Jenn was already at Tesco while Claire was on the way. So, we proceeded with the dinner at Pizza Hut. Meow and I were late as he went back home first…anyway, I didn’t know the exact time until I asked Y.Nee. Claire and I made up excuses for Y.Nee’s absence. I received a cute poodle pendant from the group, Sui Eh got a jewellery box while we shared a Nike T-Shirt for Albert’s birthday. Jenn left first as she lives in mainland, Sui Eh went off after that while the rest of us continued talking. Meow appeared a bit bored…he took out his new delivered PDA and started ‘poking’ at the screen…but he did join in the conversation later.

We didn’t go for our planned Rojak as Meow was tired. Hmm…I missed that Rojak, no choice la…next week maybe. Back home, my ex called, said coming over to ‘see’ my dogs. I passed him the can food and keys. He asked if I wanna have supper…hmm…can also, since my pizza digesting away. But I didn’t tell Meow coz I dun wanna upset him, anyway, Meow was tired or else will ask him to go.

My ex wanna go home shower first. He passed back my Korean CDs which Allan gave me as present and a singlet I left at his place. He showed me his extended kitchen (renovated recently), then I waited in the living room…talking to his mom. Ya…talked like almost non-stop, dunno why after break off, so much things to talk eh ? More than my 3 years plus with him.

It was raining when we went out, he wanted to have the BKT at Perak Road (near ICS) but it was closed (so, Friday close for business). So, we ended up eating at coffee shop next to Green house. He managed to have BKT which he claims not bad also and good service. I had Dry Pan Mee. He asked if I called to inform Meow to avoid misunderstandings…I told him no…I will tell him later. I want Meow to have a good rest as he will be driving my dad, aunt and I down to KL next morning. We talked for a while, like normal friends…from what gather, he’s not seeing anyone in particular yet. He didn’t wanna talk about C.M.Ling (sis’ schoolmate) when I asked abt the progress. He told me got a cute girl at Serv. Ops…I am glad to know at least he’s not focusing on C.M.Ling, any girl will be better than this materialistic wild girl.

Reached home, almost 2am, cleaned cage and refill food for hamster. Dad’s gf called to congratulate me, she sounded more excited than I. Sis called but I was away then.
Packed my stuff and retired for the nite…I think I had like about 4 hours sleep. So tired.

P/S: Chun Kit’s birthday but I forgot to send him greeting (I remembered earlier but was too early to send, now I forgot, duh)!

2 comments:

yennee said...

Dear Joe,

Thanks for everything..... I shall be ok soon...just give me a couple days to mourn for the "tragedy" happened to me. :(

Regards,
Y.Nee

Joez said...

Y.Nee...hope to hear from u soon. Dun despair for too long...instead, go sharpen yr tools, build opportunities ;)