Nuffnang

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Apr 3 – Convo

6.30am dragged myself to toilet. I think I barely slept. We had breakfast at Topas Restaurant….included in the package. First time I had beef bacon, not bad. Meow had 2 bowls of porridge besides the French toast, sausages, bacon…he couldn’t resist the ‘tau joo’. By 7.45am, we left for Hotel Nikko. I saw a lot of graduates snapping pictures with family and friends from lobby to 2nd floor (where the Grand Ballroom is). I registered and took the gown. Then went to ‘kepo’ on the photo package. Chose the simplest, 3 photos – self-pix, family pix, receiving scroll pix…RM 200 + RM 60 (for delivery postage). Dad bought me a cute teddy bear sold at the counter – RM 59 !! Those ppl really know how to make money eh.

Meow told me that later I will have flowers…Sis and him pakat. Sis sent him money to order flowers for me. So ‘kam thong’ although she shouldn’t have, waste money ler. The florist delivery guy did not call Meow, instead he sent to the USQ registration counter…knew about it only after the ceremony when I asked about my cert (without signature). Poor Meow calling his sis and worried abt the flowers. Oh, the cert was a temporary cert for ceremony purpose coz I had received mine last year by post. However they did not send me my transcript.

We managed to snap a few pictures before rehearsal. My square-hat kept falling off, I didn’t bring any hair pins…forgot abt it…one hotel staff was nice, gave me a pack, said he heard me searching for pins…I thanked him, but as I went up the elevator, I opened the packet and turned out it was the sewing kit…he thought I wanted safety pin~! I managed to changed a fitting one just minutes before rehearsal started. I was seated at the last row, last person on the left side.

Guests queuing to go in at 10am. Meow, Sako and Dad seated quite far behind…but luckily the video camera we borrowed from Meow’s sis has damn good zoom. Only thing is, pity Meow, holding the camera high to shoot from the moment before I went on stage till I was seated back after the handout of my scroll. Thank goodness the ceremony finished before 12 noon, otherwise I would’ve fainted, so hot…and my own shirt quite thick.

There was light brunch buffet, Dad and Sako ate some, I was too thirsty to enjoy any food, couldn’t find water, only coffee. Meow went searching for my flowers…that was when I noticed my cert has no signature and went to ask about it, eventually found my flowers. 2 dozen of my favourite yellow roses with small white daisies and forget-me-not flowers…felt so heavy…I just weighed – 2kg!! Luckily my dad’s gf or Meow didn’t get me more flowers…else ‘tangan patah’ (broken arm). The lady asked me to return the gown right away…(but website mentioned return by 2pm). She said, no, have to immediately (no way…I haven’t taken any pictures with the flowers leh, some more so many others out there gobbling food…me not stupid ler). I put on my colgate smile and said, please….give me another 30 mins, wanna take pictures ma. She said, ok, 10 mins (ya right…u wait la).

We went to downstairs, took some pictures at each floor. There was a nice landscape with small waterfall behind a glass door. Glad the pictures came out ok. Waa…I think I smiled so much, I felt silly liao…hehehe. Returned the gown and collected my RM 250 deposit back.
We reached Micasa before 1pm. Aiks…elevator not moving up…checked with receptionist…she said it was because we had passed the 12 noon check out time. I felt like shaking that Mr Johnny, he was lucky not to be there then. Now, what boiled me up was that lady receptionist asked me with her darlie smile, “Would you like to extend for another day?”
Is this how u do business? I need to extend and pay more just to get my things away from yr hotel? I was trying to not raise my voice…but with a very annoyed tone, I told her Mr Johnny has agreed with the 2pm checkout time. Hearing this, she quickly went into another room for a while before coming out and give us new key. Hmmm…I think next time I might not stay there even though the room is satisfactory. I damn dislike the service.
After shower, we had rest, Meow took half hour nap.

We started journey back to Penang at around 2pm. I was hungry but can tahan (hold) till Rawang. We had lunch at a coffee shop. I had chicken curry noodles, Sako had soup noodle with lotsa cili padi. Meow had Wan Tan mee while Dad tried Meatballs noodle. A short while after we resume our journey, Sako was in pain…tummy upset, upper part of abdominal. We stopped to buy Pomelo and biscuits at Tambun, Sako waited in the car, she was having terrible pain. We had quite a lot of stops on the way back, trying to find her medicine…in the end, gave her Eno…but no help. I was sleepy but couldn’t sleep, coz Sako was really uneasy…and Meow was sleepy…he kept eating the sour candy…so afraid he fell asleep behind the wheels.

Took Sako to Klink Aman at Gelugor once we crossed Penang bridge. Told the lady at reception counter that my aunt is having terrible pain, if she can inform the doctor and let her in. She said got patient with doc and still have to wait for another child waiting with her dad. My goodness !! I will never step into that clinic again. After some 10 mins…my aunt was asked to wait up at the other side. That was when I saw Munira, an ex sch. mate. I asked if she was sick, she told me…she was waiting for her mom and grandma….oh…so I see…that’s y we had to wait so fucking long !! We waited like almost 25 mins before the doc attended to my aunt. Poor Sako, she was really in terrible pain…almost in tears. Doc said could be gastric, gave her a jab and some medicine.

Helped Sako up to her apartment, she said she will be ok. Told her to call me, later she did when I was in shower, she told Meow she is ok, sleeping after taking medicine. Dad went out for Nasi Kandar while Meow and I had Korean instant noodles. Actually I wasn’t hungry, was too tired…but ate anyway.

11pm, Dad’s gf called to asked abt the ceremony. My ex called while I was still on the phone…so Meow answered the call, asked him to call back later, but ex said he was about to reach my house, wanna pass me back house keys.

He came in by himself and was waiting downstairs by the time I finished my conversation with Aunty. Meow was in toilet. I passed ex the pomelo and biscuits as appreciation for his help. He told me he used my bathroom earlier when he came in to feed my dogs. He called at about 2pm, telling me he fed them. He asked whether I noticed the cup of water next to my computer…I did…I lied to him that I accused Meow, actually I suspected he checked some thing on my PC. Well…who knows…he might be reading this now ? Hmm…anyway…I dun really mind liao…coz Meow also reads…strangers read…so…if I post this on the internet, any person can read right ? Not that I purposely force them to read ma. However I wonder…why would anyone be interested to read my damn long posts? Can tell me ah ? For those who knows me…maybe sometimes get excited when I mention their names kua, is it ah ? Hehehe…

Anyway, dad came back about 10 mins after ex came. Both Meow and ex left soon after. And I was too tired to even on my pc then as I had to go for medical checkup next morning. I left HR a message to call me in the morning.

3 comments:

Gene Lim said...

congratulations lor...sorrie that i couldn't be there . BUt thank you thank you MEOW for ur help lor..hehehe..
that is the least i can do eh.. :))
I am very proud of u sis!!
Way to go!

Long? well..not at all la..is like watching chinese soap opera..u got addicted n wanna read everyday

Joez said...

Thanks Sis for your wishes, call and flowers, most of all, for your sweet thoughtfulness.

Been busy, will post soon, watch out, will be super duper long posts :P

Anonymous said...

I like ya blog Joez , bcoz it's about you and things i can relate too :)
hope ya wkends gr8 tcz