Nuffnang

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Apr 22 – Quit smoking for me

Am trying to get use to my new cube. Lotsa ppl would pass by to get water, there’s a water cooler just about 4 metres from where I sat. I tried not to be so kepo to look up whenever some pass by. I got few greetings when some who know me, stopped to say hi or chat. My god-bro would shake my head every time he passes by. Teng !

I talked for a while with my new neighbour….damn, forgot his name. I have difficulty remembering Chinese names. Anyway, got to know he is on job training, still waiting to complete his degree course. So, I guess I will have a new neighbour in another 2 months’ time when he’s done with his training.

It’s Friday and usually it’s pretty hectic for Sales, and if Sales is busy, I will be too. More MWD cases to follow up and a few mails on expediting shipments. Can’t ask Gavin much now coz sitting in different row…our backs are facing diagonally. Will have to shout a bit if I am lazy to walk over to his place.

As I mentioned in my previous posting, I met Mr Fragrance in the morning but he acted as if he doesn’t know me when I greeted him. Saw him again during lunch at Batu Maung. But I wasn’t sure if he saw me, coz I only saw his back when I was about to finish my economy rice.

Came back from lunch, Jess bought me a cup of Nescafe from old pantry’s coffee machine. Machine ‘khi siao’, RM 0.10 per cup…and guess what ? There was long queue buying Nescafe/Milo. One guy very can…used the microwave’s plate as tray, salute ~ !!
Gigi perli me, she said the machine could sense me coming back.

Last time, I was working OT at night, I went to buy coffee with my RM 1 coin. I was really thirsty for Nescafe…slotted my coin but it went right out into the change box…tried another 2 times, same thing happened. Damn…I was disappointed and a little ‘boh kam muan’, so I pressed the Nescafe button hoping for magic…mind u…there was MAGIC afterall ! Out came a cup and hot water plus nescafe mix started filling in….voila…there, my nice aromatic Nescafe ~! Cool. Then I looked at the amount display – RM 0.13 ?! Weird…puzzled…I hit the button again without inserting any coin…and out came another cup…cool eh ! I started feeling excited, placed the 2 cups on a nearby table and ran to Azian’s place, asking her to follow me. She had no idea what I was up to. Like a small kid and feeling proud, I showed her the ‘Magic’. Wow, that night, I had free coffee…two cups only. Siao meh, even though free…cannot drink so much ler.
Next morning, on the way to my cube, I saw long queue at the machine, and some with file’s tray (u know those tray where u labeled ‘IN’, ‘OUT’ or ‘KIV’) and some with frees be (used as tray). What a whole lot of kiasu and al cheapo…haha, Malaysians….anything free…u will see us. Celaka, I got teased by my colleagues, they asked me to go do something with the ATM machines in the cafeteria, so that got cash coming out without ATM card…ya, like I very the can !!

3pm, I was supposed to have a short meeting with the CA gal but she was too busy. She promised to take a look on the soft copy summary I sent her and will get back to me on Monday. Since no meeting, I went to Alvin’s place to lepak for a while. When I went back, Jason MSNed me, asked why I went toilet so long….haahaa…what la…passed by pantry, then used another path to go back my place…he thot I went to ‘pang sai’ in the toilet kut. Cehh ~!

I still cannot get use to the table’s / chair’s height. Maybe later will bring a cushion to place on my butt. Now my table still clean and not much décor stuff. Hopefull can maintain la…I always kena perli having most things on my desk compared to my few close colleagues. Well, I feel more ‘at home’ if I have lotsa things…dun u think so?

After dinner, Meow wanted to play badminton, so I had some time to wash my clothes, pack my stuff, sorted my Income Tax’s documents (yep, I know, dateline is 30th Apr). Then I wash hamsters’ cage before I caught a few winks till Meow called me. Supper, joined his badminton friends. I wasn’t really enjoying my Char Koay Teow…luckily Meow understood, we left as soon as I finished. I knew Meow smoked again…every time he goes badminton, he smoked. It’s sad that he breaks promise again. If he goes badminton 5 times a week, then it’ll be 5 cigarettes at least ! I told him how disappointed I was, and he kesi-kesi tried to avoid eyes contact with me. Hiyo…how ah ? How to make him quit…last time he said he quit for me…I was so ‘kam thong’….but what about now ? Sad la.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nothing like nescafe, my former online bf told me that he use to have 40 ciggies per day eewww so many he cut down too 20 .I thought that was still a lot of ciggies. Maybe Meow will stop oneday , don't feel too sad about it wish u a nice week n tcz

Joez said...

Yap yap, i agree...Nescafe's the Best !
Thanks, I hope one day he will Quit smoking totally. I can't stand the smell/smoke. Beside, very bad for health...sigh ~!

Have a nice week too :)

Anonymous said...

could sing this next time as midnight lullaby:
"Why do you have to go and get yourself so intoxicated?
I see the way you're smoking when u with your kakis gets me so frustrated".
..but only casual smoker, so no worries.

teetoo. blogger i am not.

Joez said...

teetoo, didn't know u can sing, hehehe..anyway, that's a good one ;)