Nuffnang

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Apr 5 – First Day 2nd time

I wore my pink top with a black cardigan on to match with my black pants. Light make-up as usual. Reached office at 8.25am, first day, report to work 8.30am as stated in the offer letter. I rang Kim from EE. She asked if I know my way, of coz ! So, I told her I would go up by myself. My colleague not there yet. I went to old reporting team…no one also…never mind, I went to buy breakfast alone…saw Sue ('thong eh'– nuts loose, I couldn't tolerate her last time but after so long, I guess…it's always better to have less enemy)…invited her to go bakery. I took 2 curry puffs…she paid for me…waaa…she hardly treat wan leh…she said, that was my “Welcome Meal”.

Before I even managed to reach my cube, I met Gigi ! Sooo happy to see her. She too, I guess. She was on the way free medical checkup.

I gave one curry puff to Gavin but he was too busy to eat. Initially he wanted to go townhall for free medical checkup (Urine & Blood tests)…but he couldn't…anyway, tomorrow still can go. He managed to brief me a little. I was busy catwalking whole day. Thrice to HR department…twice to Security for my new badge…once to downstairs for fingerprint scanning (unfortunately have to wait till I have my badge)….oh…few times to IS to have my laptop installed / configured. And…few trips to the ladies and pantry (for Coffee of course!). I regretted wearing the 3 inches high heels. My feet damn tired and sore …walking to the car park at lunch time was almost killing!

Talking about lunch…Gavin and Chris were so happy when I brought out my tissues. They said they have not used any tissue for 8 months since I left. Just licked their lips…haha…so pity. I had Nasi Lemak at BJC's foodcourt. Gavin whispered to me “Thank goodness u are back, at least now I dun have to listen to Chris blabbing abt his work everyday”. It's not that we dun wanna be ears to him…but he was explaining in details abt how he structured those Mods in the database, how the bundles were tied in…er…maybe next time I should tell Chris why I chose to leave that Dbase Analyst position…hahaha…not my cup of tea.

I was stopped by many familiar ppl….mostly asking the same questions...I should've recorded my response on my hp. Funny why many asked “Hey, u are back ?” Yaa…of coz I am ! More practical ones asked which department I am attached to. Meow said I should try “Ei, u can see me ah ? U shouldn't be able to see me…I am not here….” Hahaha…will try next time. Shereen told me she misses my Bananas….oi, not ‘that’ la. I dun have…but when I was in the same department, I always buy them bunch of bananas whenever I go for lunch at BB coz the fruit stall is nearby only (near Sunshine Square). Gigi and Peng said they miss my dad's Mango/Banana Cakes.

I bumped into my ex on the way to IS. He asked where I sat, told him, he saw my notebook and peril said now I got laptop…different liao….not like last time, whatever, me just smiled and left. I felt good that day meeting old buddies…but of coz there were few I tried avoiding…those who back-stabbed, evils ones, bitches…however, now that my job requires me to have good rapport with Monkeys Salesppl, I had to wear masks from today onwards. I felt like being on MTV or Colgate Advertisement the whole day, smiling and waving every time I see familiar faces. Boy, it was tiring, not to mention the same response I had to repeat about my disappearance and reappearance.

Back home, I was kinda glad I had some time to post my blog after feeding my sons and cleaning their cage. Meow went for badminton. I selected what I wanted to wear for next day. I slept around 2am+ again. Can't help it…my brain just won't shut down.

No comments: