Nuffnang

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Feb 23 – Farewell


Today is C.Jing’s last day at work, she will be joining my ex company and in the same team with Gigi next week. No one knows it’s also my last day. Actually a few do, and they are sad for me. One guy gave me the thumbs up sign, another, saluted me. Irene kept asking me to go one more day. We had a photo session at the break area for C.Jing. I gave her one of my handmade bracelets. I gave another to S.Fong, she has been very helpful. She was surprised when C.Yien told her later and they called to ask the popular questions – WHY ? REALLY ?

I have not informed dad. Just told him tomorrow on leave. But I am planning to tell him tomorrow that I have resigned a month ago (and will start collecting dust at home tomorrow onwards).

Oh, how was work today when u know it’s gonna be your last ? Morning started ok, I checked each status of my pending Requests. Clear as much as I could. I told Tony I won’t be joining for his lunch treat at Yosenabe Japanese steamboat as I had to clear my backlogs. He said ok…actually solve their transport problem since not enough cars to fetch his whole team. I dun feel like joining esp. makan free…moreover I dun like his team, all so serious.

After lunch, I zipped my pst file, copy to my memory key, delete whatever personal stuff including Yahoo/MSN/IE favourite & history links, remove my personal pst folder and of coz MOST important – EMPTY recycle bin ! I then ‘curi-curi’ packed my stuff bit by bit with hope no one noticed. 3 bags including food stuff (I think got around 2 – 3 kg just on food alone), damn heavy. Luckily this time I only had a small mini market compared to my previous company. My big bottle of Nescafe Gold almost empty…can make one more cup. I guess it denotes my time left for this company. I gave the bottle to Esther who booked the bottle 1 month + ago. Actually, I forgot abt it until she reminded me yesterday. Poor girl, she still does not know if her contract renewable, hers ending 28th Feb. See how efficient the staffing agent is !

I sent out a mail to my friends/relatives informing them not to email to my office’s account tomorrow onwards. 50% replied instantly;
Popular questions :

- Resign ?
- Leave again ?
- Getting married ?
- Where to ?
- What happened ?

My answers :
- Hehehehe….
- Not yet (resign)
- Soon (resign)
- Dunno yet
- On very very long leave
- Dun want ppl to see my personal mails.

Gavin called me right after Li Wei called. I felt touched (sangat terharu, kam thong) she offered to help me look for job. She called me twice…said would forward to HR. Yesterday also, she asked me to mail her friend who’s looking for ppl to work in her new office. She was my candidate when I worked as Staffing Consultant. She got permanent offer with her current company, resigned…that was how I knew her and became friends. It does not matter whether I get the job or not, it’s her sincerity that’s most heartfelt.

Time flies real fast today. Went for meeting at 3pm to hear some bullshit for the last time. After an hour of trying to keep myself awake (cushion on chair shiok & comfy ma), went to buy some kuihs and nasi lemak for dinner/supper.

After that photo session. I went through my checklist few times…set OOO – out of office with no mention of when me going back. Just about to off my PC, C.Yien asked me to amend one Request…of coz, I had to entertain…but he also pai seh that I was going back…so he said no need liao, will ask P.Choo, my backup.

5.45pm, Meow called to say he got something to do, a bit late. But I went outside to wait anyway coz I dun want big boss to or anyone see me carrying my stuff later. 6.30pm, Meow came. Was glad to leave.

He looked tensioned today, but he still treat me nice…just that his attention not 100% on me. He has to leave for Ipoh again tomorrow, back on Friday. I am gonna miss him, in fact I miss him already. Just spoke to him on the phone. Reminded him to bring jacket. He’s still going thru some manuals given to him last minute, 400+ pages. Poor thing. Btw, I went to his place today as he had to do some work on his PC. His nephew (7yrs old) got excited seeing me. He likes me to kiss his cheeks…sayang him. So cheeky. His face senget (tilted his head) a bit, index finger pointing to his right cheek, demanding for a kiss. I mimic him…he has no choice but to give me a kiss to get a kiss back…hahaha…cute boy.

Oh dear…tired and sleepy. I missed out American Idol just now, hopefully can wake up tomorrow for the repeated session.

No comments: