Nuffnang

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Feb 16 – ‘Phai Thnee Kong’


Today, eve of 9th day on Chinese calendar, Buddhists esp. the Hokkiens will prepare and pray. To them…it means a lot of food preparation, burning ‘gold’ and firecrackers. To me…it’s annoyance, air and noise pollution (damn my back neighbours, exploding those firecrackers just right above my roof…KNS !!), sleepless night, pek-cikness (frustrations), nerve-wrecking (I suffer mild heart attack at almost every loud BOOM and endless Prakkk prakkk praakkk sound… esp from the M****r F****rs neighbours back lane (so wanna SMS police – saw the number in yesterday’s Star, ok...ok…will give them till 3am)….and not forgetting, a waste of $$ !! I couldn’t even hear the TV and can’t enjoy my American Idol (repeat). Grrrr ~~!!

And work has become shittier by the day. The two mentors seem to throw work at me…hey, I am not the servant ok. Celakoey …I so so need to get a new job – SOON !! Oh…one of them on leave tomorrow coz today need to pray…duh !!
I am thankful I dun have to go thru all these …to think that I used to stay awake till morning with my sis and Sako, joss-stick after joss-stick for nine rounds (9-lor hneoh)..am glad I never need to repeat that. Dun get me wrong, I have nothing against such beliefs…just that I have my own opinions and beliefs.

Damn no mood today…I can’t stop thinking about leaving my current job…I am very very sure of not renewing my contract which is ending this April. Stupid process and procedures, really make me feel inefficient, downgraded. I can be much more productive teaching or selling nasi lemak !!

Bf…Meow (will start referring him as Meow) lepak around my room after dinner while I posted resume to a company. He then left to his relative’s place before going home to practise the nuisance...Oops, I mean culture which I mentioned above.

1.30am…still can hear some crackers…ei…back neighbour toned down wor…but still can hear ppl talking loudly and cling-clong-clang of utensils…maybe they are busy feasting on the kuihs, roasted pig/chicken/fruits/etc (dunno la…too long liao, forgot what else ppl serve to the God).

I better stop here before some Buddhists (Taoist?) curse me.
Hoping for rain…could hear thunder and see some ‘disco’ light in the sky. Duh…air damn polluted…burn so much…hiyo….ok ok, I stop complaining. I just hope these ppl who so pure-hearted to pray to Thnee Kong are really pure in heart ! God Bless us all.

No comments: