Nuffnang

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Feb 22 – Call me Crazy


Before I write about today, let me just update a little abt yesterday evening.
I was actually hungry but Meow did not call as he promised he would after his dinner with badminton friends. When posting my blog, I saw him online on MSN. I felt a little disappointed at first but I did not show it. He told me he go shower first. I continue my job-hunt while chatting with KS another blogger. Later Meow called, said he would go tah pao Nasi Lemak for me (** pai seh ** - blush)…err…felt a bit guilty…dishhh myself !! : P

The Nasi Lemak quite big packet, I telan 2 packets…damn full…no wonder my weighing scale’s needle seems like the compass needle, always pointing to the same direction. How to lose weight ah ? Duh ~!!

Meow went back around 1am. I a bit ‘em seh tak’ him to leave…but cannot la, next day working. Talking about work…it’s a DREAD !!

Ok, woke up this morning…on the way to work, I was miles away thinking of Plan A, Plan B, Plan C (if any) should I resign. The more I think, the more excited I became.

Ei…my two mentors didn’t go for training wor. One of them asked me to help abit, the other asked how come I didn’t rush and follow-up. Ya ya…like I am robot, like I still care…actually I do…if I dun, I won’t end up so stressful. Maybe old liao.

As I sat in front of the PC, multi-tasking (ex-company taught us that, got used to it, not even a second wasted), I was finding ways not to lose too much if I go immediately. Fingers on Keyboard but eyes on my calendar…suddenly, something struck me! Yes ! I will do just that. Hahaha….call me crazy or what…dun care liao.

Waited for my direct boss Zul to come in, handed in 2 forms, one for yesterday’s emergency leave and another for coming leave. He hesitated on the coming ones, he said Tony should approved instead. Grrr….so I waited for Tony…told him I had some personal matter to attend to…he said ok but Zul should approved (hee horrkk hee horrkk!! *%#~!%^$#&*^!). I told him he might want to find a backup for my two mentors. He paused for awhile, head tilted, jaw dropped a bit (What? Dun tell me u forgot I am supporting TWO ppl + big boss?!)
5 seconds later, he collected himself and said he would ask P.C., a girl from his team to backup. When I went over to ask my two mentors something, I took the chance to inform them about my leave and that P.C. might be the backup person, however leave it to Tony to communicate.

Had lunch at Relau with Meow today, he went to bank to check on his ATM card. I told him I am very excited. He said whatever my decision, he’s on my side. Claire and M.Shya thought I am a bit crazy though, hehehe. I told my sis. She is supportive. Told her abt my main concern…how to break the news to dad. Sigh ~ ! Maybe tomorrow la…coz need to inform him abt my leave…permanent leave ;)

Left office around 6pm as I had to transfer some of my personal stuff to my memory key. I packed some stuff back as well…this time, not as much as my previous job. 2 boxes plus 3 – 4 rounds of plastics bags…4 years there…like a second home ma. Still remember the fun I had with Gigi when we worked overnight…and sometimes me alone, rushing reports for big bosses. What so fun ? Loud music and laughter, karaoke-sing-along sessions….instantly translating English / Cantonese songs to Hokkien version. Hey, I dun get the title Hokkien Song Singer for nothing eh. Hehehe. Those good old days.

Ok, coming back to present time, after dinner…Meow had shower at my place. His bro called, on the way back from Genting with gf. Meow wanted me to tag along, but I dun want la…’ma huan’ only coz later he has badminton (he used to play 5 times a week but unlike my ex, he ensures he spends time with me). Told him to call me after finish.

Had my shower, browsed The Star, no luck…sleepy, bed so inviting but had to on PC to transfer my files. Tomorrow will copy my outlook pst file…that should be all. Ok, will go online and see what Sis posted on her new blog.

No comments: