Nuffnang

Monday, February 21, 2005

Feb 21 – Marketing or Sales ?


Meow interrupted me trying on some nice clothes in my dream sometime around noon. Sleepily, I told him I will wake up later. Gavin called earlier to confirm if I wanna join him and Kean Eng to Redang trip in May. Cannot la…me not sure of my plans yet. $$ concerned also. Maybe next time.

2.30pm, cooked myself instant noodle. 3.15pm, selected which top to go with my slacks. Dad called to say he would be back soon. 4.05pm, on the way to Greenlane. 15mins later, reached the place. Filled up 4-pages form. Aircond damn cold. Lucky thing I had a jacket on. The interviewer talked more than I did this time. She asked if I could converse in Mandarin, I told her very little, she asked me to speak then. So I did…I said something like I can speak and understand a little. She asked me to go on. Huh ? Go on say what ? I told her I dunno what she wants me to say, but I can speak in Cantonese and Hokkien. She looked surprise when I say Cantonese. I thought she went thru my resume. Then she bla bla bla abt the job role…need to meet clients, travel up to Kedah, Perlis, Kelantan, Terengganu and Perak.

As she went on, I already knew I shouldn’t be there. However I did not reject her right away when she asked if I was still interested. I said I would still consider. She said she is ok with me and asked when I can start work. I told her it depends on the package. Before leaving, funny she said “If you dun like this job, I can recommend you to our clients should there be a vacancy that suits you”. I thanked her and left disappointed. Not because I might not get the job (there’s 2nd interview if shortlisted), but because it’s not what I want. This is the first time I did not do any selling of myself in an interview. I dun need to. I dun want to, actually. And to me, they dunno what is Marketing. Marketing is not Sales. Dun mix it.

On the way back…I had so many things on my mind…but one clear thing clouded me was the dread of going back to my current job cleaning shit again. Disheartening enough, I received few feedbacks from Jobstreets that few positions I applied for earlier are closed and my resume will be KIV, bla bla bla…sigh ~~! Ok, need to search for jobs again later.

Meow came over after work, we went for dinner at Lip Sin. He has badminton later and said would call me after that. 10pm, still no call. Never mind, I am going online now for my job-hunting.

No comments: