Nuffnang

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

June 9 – KL Trip with Team

I was the earliest to wake up. After shower, woke the rest. Reina was still in the room doing her report…we had to rush for our breakfast as Celia had a flight to catch back to Taiwan, she couldn’t join us for shopping in KL. I gave away our free buffet and show tickets for today to a couple and the rest passed to the waiter, told him he can use / give away.

S.Sum accompanied Celia to KLIA in a cab while Gavin, Reina, Me and Beer took another cab. It was the worst experience for us…except Beer, she didn’t feel a thing as she slept through the journey from Genting to KL town. The taxi driver thought he was a F1 driver or maybe ‘Thok Hoi’ of Initial D? He was driving so fast…3 of us almost puked in the car. Damn dizzy…I was seated in the middle while Gavin in front. Within 45 minutes, we reached Berjaya Times Square Hotel ! As soon as he pulls the handbrake, Reina got off the cab and squatted nearby….I was so dizzy…and trying hard not to vomit. Beer looked like she just woke up from some beautiful dreams.

Gavin went to the reception to check-in while 3 of us flopped onto the sofa at the lobby…worst thing was…the hallway was so long and it seems like a kilometer long to me before we reach the lift to our rooms.

Room is nice. Loved the bathroom. Bigger than my bedroom. But service not that good…we ordered for an extra bed for Gavin but the housekeeping only brought it up after at least 4 calls and it was already almost 1am….took so many hours ! My guess is they dun have enough staff, poor management.

Immediately after some 10 minutes rest, we turn on our PC, Reina was on her reports, while I called CA agent to check on an escalation…had to call TAM and then revert to Sales Country Manager. Gavin also quite busy…Beer was the only one who Zzzz….we call her Sleeping Beauty…she can sleep anywhere anytime.

3.30pm, S.Sum fetched us to KLCC. We had our lunch at Genki Sushi…so much more choices compared to Sushi King…too bad no branch in Penang.

S.Ping SMSed me asking what time meet up. Called her, will meet her at Sg Wang for dinner. Managed to buy 2 blouses…but the rest bought shoes/skirt/blouses….I guess it’s cheaper for them to buy in KL.

Met up with S.Ping at around 8pm. We had dinner at Italian Restaurant…Bkt Bintang there…can’t remember the outlet’s name. Had nice time catching up, even though only 2 hours. We walked back to my hotel…’tah pao’ Starbucks on the way….we parted at the LRT station.

Was waiting for the lift when I saw Reina & Beer…great! Reina went straight for her SPA/massage appointment while Beer and I headed to our room…at least we thought it was our room…I slotted the key card in…red light….tried again….same thing…weird…Beer doesn’t have the card as Reina took it. Then I tried one more time…still no green light…look around…OOoops !! It’s block B but same floor and room num ! :P Our room in Block A. Luckily no one comes out :P

Went back to lobby…walked all the way back to other block….mind you, it’s quite far (maybe got 100 metre?) We took the lift up again…and this time we were sure we had the right room…but damn…the key card not working ! Had to go down to lobby again, saw only 2 security guard at the Reception Counter…told them our problem…they asked us to go back to Block B to have the key changed. What?! I looked at Beer…she shook her head…we were too tired to walk back. Called Gavin, he was having ‘thong sui’ with S.Sum and another KL colleague. So Beer and I spent some 45 mins chit chatting before Gavin came back.

After shower, I went through with Gavin on his BPI training slides for presentation next day….next taught Reina on Vlookup on Excel. And Beer ? She was already in Dreamland. I slept at around 3.30am….damn tired.

No comments: