Nuffnang

Monday, May 08, 2006

Oct 23 - Ladies, be careful with yr Bag!

It's sun and I didn't do any beads. I just enjoy the day reading magazine.
Meow tah pao laksa.

Dinner, we wanted to dine at a restaurant nearby but it was full, so Meow suggested the choo char near PBB Pantai Jerjak. His aunt from SG would be leaving for 10.30pm bus.

The place was quite packed, and we managed to get a table outside just near the corner and the outlet was actually a corner with a lane next to it. 8.45pm, just as we were about to leave and waiting for the change, like a quick flash, I saw a guy with helmet jumped over and onto a waiting bike, I didn't realise until his aunt shouted and running after the already moving bike. Meow tried to chase but was blocked by some parked motors, one of the chef threw a plastic chair (should have thrown the chopper knife) but barely hit the helmet. It was too dark and too fast, everyone was shocked but none saw any number plate. Celakoay Malay guys ! The tauke at cashier said the guy went it to buy cigarettes, then on the way out, he quickly grabbed the handbag from Meow's aunty's lap. I guess they had been eyeing for some time.

The incident left Meow's aunt shaking, crying, in fact, I was shaking too, first time happended right in front of me...(if not counting the time mine was almost snatched near Hospital LWE - i didn't realise coz i thought i was walking too far out and thought the motor's handle ter-stuck).

We accompanied her to Sg. Nibong police station to make report. KNS, the police like taking their own sweet time. Then after so much stress, they told us to go to Bayan Lepas police station to make report and really KSN, had to pay for the stupid report. A so called inspector asked his aunt in for some so called short interview, I accompanied her coz her Malay not that good having stayed in S'pore for so long. That hamsup inspector, asking nonsence questions, and a bit personal details like who I am, whether I am married...hello i am not the one being robbed!, really sia-suey to our government. Blardy waste time!

Poor Meow's aunt, she lost her digital camera (all her pix from Korea habis), her gold chain, sweater, SG and MY cash, etc...u can imagine, it's a huge handbag! Bigger than a laptop leh!

Back home, she couldn't stop grumbling, saying she will never come MY again, so dangerous here...in SG she walk also nothing happen...ahem....this is so unfair, KNS! Thanks to the two Malay guys, see what reputation u have caused to our country, memang tak guna, u shall rot in Hell! And to worsen...when we were in the police station, two Ang Mo chabos came, one of them also had the same fate. She said "that bastard, I had my bag wrapped around my hands".
Police told us, ours was the 6th case for the day, maklumlah, Raya coming soon! Dun wanna work, snatch here snatch there, wait till u bumped into trees. Huh!
I logged in to work on my reports till 2.45am.

So ladies, pls take extra care with yr bags, purse, hp, even guys, dun ever leave it on the table.
Nowadays, I had my handbag wrapped to my hands or I clutched in between my laps with the string handles facing downward / hidden in btwn my legs so that they cannot easily grab. I dun care what others think, but I dun wan any trouble losing my IC, hp, etc.

I would clutched my bag to my chest while crossing the street (again, no handle/string visible ya). U can also clutch yr purse/hp in btwn yr knees when u eat. Dun ever leave them on table...they are too quick for u.

Be very alert esp if u are sitting near outside/corner of an outlet.

Look out for any person entering with helmet still on.

Look out for any other guy still waiting on the bike with engine running.

Try to sit inside, away from the area easily accessible by all this CCB kias!

Do NOT, ever leave yr handbag behind yr chair. If u must, and if U have any companion with u, ask yr bf/husband, mother, sister, whoever to help 'jaga' yr bag while u need to answer hp, or do anything that u cannot hold on to yr belonging properly.

Hold yr bag with yr bf/husband's hand when crossing streets.

Try not to carry to bags that are too big! If no choice, dun store all yr cash in the handbag la.

There, any more suggestions are welcome. Take care.

No comments: