Nuffnang

Monday, July 11, 2005

July 5 – Happy Birthday Mom

Mom's birthday…55 years old. So fast….I was in form 4 when she was called to the Lord. She was always fun and cheerful despite her many grieves she bottled up. She was one super woman. She took care of my grandma who had stroke, whole family’s food, laundry, etc., the dogs, 3 of us. Dad was working in Ipoh then. I think she worked harder than an Indonesian maid…really, I am not trying to compare but what I am saying is, she worked so hard without anything in return, without a single complaint. I wish she had at least enjoyed more comfort and happiness. Probably that was why God took her with Him. When she left us that afternoon…she left us a sweet smile. Her eyes half closed but she was really smiling. Funeral parlour lady told us, she never seen such a beautiful corpse before. Mom, at least I know you are happy up there. May you rest in peace.

My mom was very pretty when young. She won Miss Pesta before. She was a sweet, kind and always helpful…once, she helped a neighbour carry the heavy ‘batu giling’ to make ‘sambal’…she slipped her foot while crossing the drain and the stone fell on her foot. She had to limp then, with screws in her ankle. But she was a strong woman, she never give up and show her sadness in front of anyone. I miss her !


Picture of Mom

1 comment:

Gene Lim said...

May she rest in peace! I know she is in good hands of GOD rite now.
I miss her too! very much! and i really understand better now the burden and the load of work she had b4 as i am a mom myself rite now.

GOD BLESS HER SOUL!