Nuffnang

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Aug 13 - BBQ

A call from Bee Hoon asking for the location of vet woke me up. Luckily she called coz I dozed off after my alarm buzzed. 10am liao ! Need to go market get sweet potato, cili padi, squids and fish. I dun like to go wet market, very geli and dirty, not forgetting the stench. Still remember when young, I used to black out whenever I go market. I was rather weak and always black out esp. if I feel suffocated, even when I stand too long during school assemblies.
Anyway, I did not black out this time, hehe. But got some dirty water splashed onto my foot when near the fish stalls....eee yaaa....I hope no more next time.
After marketing, we had our breakfast at the SSQ market food court.

The haze was bad, my eyes itched and watery. Been sneezing a bit.
Rested a while and started working on the chicken in the afternoon.

First, boil the chicken meat to half cook or fully cook. Then pour the mixed BBQ sauce (also can use to dip before eating) onto the scooped out chicken and marinate for half hour to one hour. The trick is, u dun have to BBQ too long, so you can avoid eating carboned chicken !

I then had a hard time cleaning the squids, due to the 'black ink'. His mom taught me how to pull the middle part and cut out the eyes. Fish....alamak ! This one really have to hand over to his mom. Meow prepared the boiled water and container, I mixed the blackcurrant syrup. Light slit on the sausages so that can cook faster.
Finally, can bathe before guests coming at 7pm. We waited till almost 8.30pm before ppl start showing up, walau eh, really Malaysian time hor.

They started working on the chicken and sausage immediately. Bruce was so excited with the sauce, later his hands felt the sting from the spicy sauce as he had whole hand with sauce when poking the chic through the BBQ sticks.
Almost everyone complemented on the sauce and asked how to mix the recipe. Of coz I didn't take the credit, I mentioned, it was my dad's recipe. He was once a chef in Nestle, dun siao-siao.

We watched the Summer concert live from 8TV. Gavin and Kean Eng were there at Esplanade. Can hardly see...as we're at the porch and TV in the living room, but surround speakers on, so ok la. We sapu habis everything. Sausages, chicken, fish, squids...almost finished. Sweet potatoes still left a bit as everyone sudah full. I showed off my beaded stuff. Roger ordered 2, wanna kao lui maybe? S.Lin and YT both like the same bracelet, so I have to make another one.
After that we cleaned up and Meow colleagues left by 12 midnight.
Meow washed up the floor while I washed the plates/trays. Showered and finally can rest. Phew ! Damn tired.

2 comments:

Gene Lim said...

walauuuuu eh!! GO wet market for marketing?? tengggggggggg..... last time ask u to go..must "chia" u soo many millions of times also u wont get up from ur bed eh..
this time... what trick does Meow used huh? :P

BBQ chicken good hor...hehehe i have the same reaction when i had the bbq overhere. Everyone like dad's recipe. ;))

Joez said...

Hehe, pai seh. Aiya, no choice la, have to get fresh ones ma. Last time u ask me to go, nothing to do with me...this time I am the co-organiser, boh pien wan ler.

Yup, eat time very nice hor, when wash...duh !