Nuffnang

Monday, November 21, 2005

Sep 7 - MRI Scan

Although I made appointment, I still had to wait to see my Doctor. Reached there 11am. Sako and Mako went shopping, but I still have to wait for the Guarantee Letter before the MRI scan can be done. Called my Office's Clinic, they helped me to chase the insurance company. I was told that the letter was faxed back...that was already 3pm. I had to wait for my turn....so told my aunts to go back and will get Meow to fetch me back.

As I didn't want to stay overnight, the hospital gave me a room for maternity mothers....alamak. There's one special corner with machines to pump the milk out. One lady who was there pumping for ....gee...I think nearly 2 hours ! Tak sakit ke ?! Of coz got curtains. Damn...I didn't bring any books/magazines. Went down to the store, they only have chinese magazines. Chia lat....damn bored and can't sleep.

5.40pm - finally went in for the MRI scan....pretty scary. I have to strip and change into the gown, no metal stuff...no problem, I read abt this in internet earlier, so I took off all my jewelleries. watches before going to Loh Guan Lye this morning. A guy asked me to lie on the board, gave me something to hold and to press in case I cannot bear. Told me there will be very loud noises....ya, damn loud noises leh...and oh....I shouldn't move....and better to close my eyes.

Slowly I enter into the cylinder thingy, I closed my eyes...the thumping noise became louder...my heartbeat beat faster leh...at times I felt as though I was in a disco. I open my eyes to peep....wow, what a small space, all white (i think coffin is more spacious), so I decided to close my eyes for the rest of the whole process. Goodness, when you u are told not to move, guess what....I started to feel itchy here and there....duh ~ ! But cannot move leh...so, I tried to deviate my attention to the loud noise, alamak, lagi nervous...then I started praying...ahh...the noises became music :)

The whole scan process took 35 mins and I was told that mine was fast ! Can't imagine if I need to stay in there any longer :P

Went back to my temp room to wait for Meow, he came right after work. We had the yummy Char Koay Kak near Union School. Unfortunately sudah digested by the time I went to bed at 2am...must be all the energy and calories consumed while I worked on my beads. So late liao, went to bed hungry lo.

No comments: