Nuffnang

Friday, October 05, 2007

Be Thankful and Positive

I am getting busier and busier everyday, not only with work but also personal life. Yes, life your day to the fullest, enjoy and free your mind.

Even when the worst thing happened, you can still be happy / glad….it’s all just abt changing your mindset. YOU, yes, you, yourself can decide to make yr day meaningful and happy or stay sad / self-pity.

No ? Don’t agree? Emmm…then u need to learn to be more positive.

The other day, I had a fall at office’s employee entrance, I scanned out from the glass door, took few steps, slipped and fell onto the tar slope. I ‘sat’ on the tar road with my two legs straight out and my notebook bags still on my back, my umbrella in hand, another shopping bag on my shoulder and sling back over another shoulder….it was as if I stepped onto a banana skin and jzzzuuuuuppp....sat down hard on my buttock. I was wearing flat sandals at that time.

My back hurts due to the fall; and the impact has also damaged my cellphone (in my bag) which I believe happened to ‘cushion’ my fall.

My hp’s LCD cracked and I cannot see half of the screen’s display. By right, I should be very upset, my fav. hp is damaged and I almost injured myself or broke a spine.

I raised this incident to EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) Manager, who then passed the issue to Facilities manager, who then said will look into it. First thing he asked was "u were wearing heels?" (trying to make me feel it was my own carelessness). They even asked me to suggest what can be done????!

Goodness…!! EHS manager asked if they should place a mat there? I asked him “how are the trolleys gonna pass?” He was silence for a while….in the end, I had to suggest for them to put a sign to alert employees / maybe only allow employees to use the other entrance with steps, instead on the other with slope. (Can’t belief they are 'sitting' at such high level ! )

Now, who will pity me if I have a fracture, injured my spine, bled ? Who will pity me that my hp is damaged ?

No one ! Neither would I pity myself. I am just so glad and thankful to God that my hp is damaged. If not for my sling bag which I have sat on during that fall, I could be lying in bed now for dunno how long. The umbrella could’ve poked/hurt me during the fall. But, I am happy that it’s only my hp that is broken and some pain in the butt….still painful leh.

I just wonder if what Facility and EHS is doing, no action, still no sign to alert (already 2 days after my complain)….no compensation / apology / nothing to me.

God saved me….I just hope no one else faces the same unfortunate incident. God Bless !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

complaint up higher ler.. :)

Joez said...

can meh ? sigh...who wor...sigh !!